Sorry! You missed the discount, but you can still get the program below
French Vocabulary & Pronunciation
THE ONLINE PROGRAM TO LEARN MODERN SPOKEN FRENCH to use everyday, GET INSIDER TIPS and discover FUN CULTURAL INSIGHTS...
AS SEEN IN:
FRESH & FUN FRENCH ACCELERATOR PROGRAMS FOR THE COMME UNE FRANÇAISE COMMUNITY
Ready to go beyond the weekly episodes with Géraldine?
If you like my episodes every Tuesday, you will love my school! I created Comme une Française 7 years ago to fill the need for lessons and programs that teach real, everyday spoken French. The weekly episodes are just the “apéritif”: join a program to enjoy a full buffet of French language tips and cultural secrets.
INTRODUCING: FRENCH VOCABULARY & PRONUNCIATION
Upgrade your French for the 21st century & leave your textbook at home.
Learn to speak modern, everyday French
French Vocabulary and Pronunciation is my best program for people who want to speak French the way real French people do. You’ll learn the difference between written and spoken French, understand why you often sound like a robot when speaking French, and learn what easy changes you can make to bring your French into the 21st century.
It covers everyday vocabulary and expressions from modern, everyday spoken French with my personal tips on the corresponding French culture. This is a very flexible and fun program, no matter your current level of French. All 10 lessons (in French and English) are yours to keep forever, so you can learn at your own pace, on your schedule, and hit replay as many times as you like.
With ‘French Vocabulary and Pronunciation’, you will:
- Walk away with modern spoken French vocabulary you can rely on in real life whether at home, enjoying all things French, or in France.
- Improve your listening comprehension and understanding by 2x
- Become more confident and comfortable with talking fast just as the native French do. You’ll also stop worrying so much about making mistakes!
- Understand the culture behind the French words too: dos and don’ts, hows and whys. I’ll give you insider’s tips to go from textbook French to social French.
- Enjoy your life in France with a new sense of confidence and have great conversations… You’ll be proud of yourself!
Salut ! Moi c’est Géraldine Lepère.
I’m a French woman (Paris-born, now living in the Alps) with a passion for sharing my love for French language and culture! I started Comme Une Française in 2012 and have since helped more than 3,500 alumni learn to confidently understand and speak real, modern French through my paid programs – not to mention taught more than 5.7 million French learners through my weekly YouTube lessons.
Born to a French father and Mexican mother, I know the challenges and desire to blend into life in a foreign country. After two years of living in the UK, I knew that going beyond just grammar is essential to fitting in and feeling at home wherever you are.
If you love France and French life, I’m here to guide you, answering questions you wouldn’t dare ask about anything and everything French, so join me for learning and fun.
You’ve been following my weekly episodes for a while and now I’m happy to introduce you to my premium programs.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE IN EACH LESSON
Each of the 20 lessons is built around a real-life dialogue read by 5 professional French actors.
AUTHENTIC CONVERSATIONS IMPROVISED BY FRENCH ACTORS
Dialogues & Subtitles in French
MY DETAILED COMMENTARY OF THE DIALOGUE
French Vocabulary + English Explanations
FULL TRANSCRIPTS, SLIDES AND LISTS OF EXTRA VOCABULARY
Practice what you’ve learned and improve your French pronunciation
20 AT-YOUR-OWN-PACE LESSONS ON MODERN SPOKEN FRENCH (AND HOW IT DIFFERS FROM TEXTBOOK FRENCH)
Module 01: Spoken French basics, it's a different language
Learn the first step of spoken French grammar: dropping the negation. In this module, we’ll also see how the e disappears. French swearing is an important part of the language too.
Don’t use it: know it!
- Lesson 01: Remembering to drop the “ne” in most spoken French.
- Lesson 02: Les “tics de langage”, the peculiar things we say without even realizing it!
- Lesson 03: The disappearing “e”, swallowing the vowel sound in conversational French.
- Lesson 04: “C’est génial!” Showing enthusiasm in spoken French.
- Lesson 05: French Swearing, it’s important to understand them, even if you don’t use bad words yourself.
Module 02: Buying things, on the phone, and expanding your yes/no vocabulary
Conversations on the phone are scary. I’ll show you exact scripts to be confident on the phone. We’ll also cover the dreaded “y”. And you’ll learn nuances to go beyond the dry “oui” and “non”.
- Lesson 06: “Au téléphone”, speaking clearly and confidently on the telephone in French.
- Lesson 07: The tricky “y”, it’s hard to know where to put it, so learn some of my tips and tricks.
- Lesson 08: “Acheter”, buying things in French.
- Lesson 09: “Oui” saying yes and agreeing with expanded vocabulary.
- Lesson 10: “Non” saying no and disagreeing with expanded vocabulary.
Module 03: Sound more French, tips and tricks
We’ll see the different sounds of the “e” (oh… accents…) and la liaison. You’ll learn how to drop the formal “nous” and add little French words to sound more French.
- Lesson 11: Le “e”, how to pronounce this vowel in different ways.
- Lesson 12: Le “on”, using this more informal pronoun is a must for spoken French.
- Lesson 13: The verb “foutre”, used in many different ways this is an important verb to master.
- Lesson 14: “Les petits mots”, small words that pop up here and there, an essential part of speaking!
- Lesson 15: “Les liaisons” how to know when and where to put them.
Module 04: polite French, logic words and slang
Spoken French evolves as familiarity grows. We often start with formal French to move on to slang and more relaxed vocabulary. Learn how to tell a story and use modern slang verbs.
- Lesson 16: “La Politesse” how to be pleasant and polite in spoken French.
- Lesson 17: Asking for corrections from French people: “Tu peux corriger mes fautes?”
- Lesson 18: “La logique” telling a story in a properly laid out manner.
- Lesson 19: “Les mots anglais” all of the English words used in everyday French.
- Lesson 20: “Les verbes d’argot” slang verbs, very important for speaking modern French.
HERE'S WHAT OUR 3,500+ COMME UNE FRANÇAISE ALUMNI COMMUNITY HAS TO SAY ABOUT THIS PROGRAM:
I took “French Vocabulary and Pronunciation” to speak with more confidence and less hesitation. The course will help you to sound natural, and not like a walking textbook. Even if you think that you are at an advanced level and the course is going to be too easy for you… it’s not, there are still a lot of subtleties to be learned. My attitude to making a mistake has completely changed… therefore my confidence has rocketed.
Gauteng, South Africa
Although I have passed B2 level at Alliance Française, I found I was lacking in everyday phrases i.e. street French. French conversational language isn’t found in French textbooks! Even grammar is different: sometimes it is constructed differently in conversational French. Thanks to Géraldine’s program, I try out some new phrases when speaking and with more confidence knowing that a French teacher, living in France, was guiding whole lesson.
Going to France in June and wanted to get my French as polished as possible. Plus, I really, really love Geraldine’s videos! I took the course to understand French slang and to have better comprehension of “la logique”. I’ve studied French for many years and even lived a year in France, and I never noticed that true French speakers drop the “ne” in spoken phrases that include “ne pas!” First lesson was a real revelation!”
I love languages, and I wanted to improve my french from high school with real, spoken french so I could travel abroad. I loved having the insight of a native french speaker and I was surprised by all the little subtleties about spoken french. Instead of learning lists of vocabulary, it’s more like nuances that a non-native would take a while to pick up on.
OUR 60-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
I stand by my programs, just like a real-life teacher would, with the advantages of a normal purchase. In your city, if a shirt doesn’t fit, you take it back to the shop!
Good news. You have 60 days to go through all the lessons and see if the program works for you. So you can be sure that it’s up to your level, that you like my style of teaching, that your French is really improving.
If the program doesn’t suit you, email me or my team, ask for a refund and you’ll get 100% of your money back. No need to threaten, to plead or to send an official letter, just send an email to email@example.com asking for a refund. If you’re super kind, tell us why so we understand what’s going on (maybe we can help?). But if you don’t feel like it, just say you want a refund.
We’ll close your access to the program and send your money back (yes, including the VAT if you live in Europe).
We are super dedicated to customer care and your happiness comes first. Always.